We’re looking for an Associate Creative Director that is ready for the big leagues having already proven themselves talented, disciplined, and strategic within their craft. Our ideal ACD is an autonomous creative innovator, passionate about leading conceptual development and detailed execution of creative ideas while mentoring and inspiring our team of designers, writers, developers, directors and editors. At Origin, the ACD doesn’t just lead, they also inspire, design, write and sell creative work. When they speak about creative, people listen.
Who we’re looking for
- A post-secondary design degree or diploma with specialization/focus in interactive, graphics or multimedia design. 6-8 years of agency experience, 1-2 years managing people or teams.
- Advanced understanding of design theory, application and problem solving is a must. An eye for detail is paramount. Experience fine-tuning typography, grids and prototypes are considered standard for this role.
- Strong grasp of language and tone with the ability to identify a successful headline and on-brand copy in order to collaborate with and guide our writers.
- Highly conceptual team leader who is constructive, collaborative, smart and committed to a vision while being open to ideas from the team.
- Ability to problem-solve and multitask while applying marketing and brand strategy will be the driving force of the required experience. Articulating constructive feedback and creative problem-solving skills will be required to provide fearless and empathetic leadership.
- Avid skier or snowboarder, immersed in mountain culture and the outdoor industry
Day to Day
- Lead a collaborative team of designers, writers and video editors to develop creative and innovative solutions that meet our client’s needs and elevate Origin’s profile as a valued partner.
- Foster a strong partnership with the strategy and account planning teams.
- Work with Origin’s project teams to define and meet expectations for project scope, deliverables, estimates and project plans.
- Identify projects that are not coming together as planned, and determine the approach and dictate course correction.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to Origin’s creative team to inspire and grow talent.
- Understand and champion brand strategy and guidelines across a mix of client accounts to ensure work is diverse and unique.
Sound like you?
Hit the “Apply for This Job” button and get in touch today.